School Logo Image
Travel Coverage

365 days per trip up to $2,000,000 incident

Full details can be found in the Travel Brochure

Keep In Mind

  • Travel coverage cannot be extended past August 31 each policy year. If your travel duration exceeds August 31, please contact your health plan office or Student VIP for more information.
  • 365 days of coverage may not be valid for international students. Please contact the health plan office or Student VIP for confirmation before you leave the province.
  • Travel coverage offered through the plan is only valid if your provincial health care is in force for the entire duration of your travel. Please contact your provincial Ministry of Health office or download the appropriate travel flyer HERE for more information.

Visa & Travel Letter Requests

  • Students requiring proof of coverage for their Visa application may complete the Visa Request Form, your request will be reviewed and the letter e-mailed to you in 3-5 business days.
  • Student only require a travel letter if the country they are travelling to requires a letter for entry into the country, or if they have to apply for a travel visa.
  • Domestic Students travelling to Cuba do not require a travel letter, your provincial health coverage should be sufficient for entry into Cuba.

Using your Coverage:

  • In the event of a medical emergency, please contact the appropriate number below to ensure that your expenses are eligible:
    • In Canada (not your home province) & the USA: 1-800-563-4444
    • Anywhere else in the world Call Collect: 1-506-854-2222
  • If you have a claim that you must submit, please contact TravelRight to obtain the proper claim forms.

Coverage Includes, but is not limited to:

  • Emergency medical assistance
  • Repatriation of mortal remains (maximum $7,500)
  • Airfare in the event of:
    • Missed return flight due to illness of you or travelling companion
    • Medically required attendant to accompany insured home
    • Cost of airfare for spouse or close relative if confined outside province for at least 7 days plus $150/day for meals & accommodation for up to 5 days
    • Cost of airfare to return unsupervised children under the age of 15 home when only available supervising guardian is hospitalized
  • Cost of return of patients vehicle when patient or family is unable to do so (maximum $1,000)
  • Costs incurred by family (when patient is detained in hospital) for meals and accommodation (maximum $150/days up to 10 days)
  • Trip cancellation ($5,000 Maximum)
  • Lost luggage coverage ($500 Maximum)
  • International students will have coverage in their home country for emergency services if provincial or equivalent coverage is extended as well.

Travel Advisories
Students planning to travel to counties with travel advisories issued to them should check to ensure coverage will be enforced while abroad, even if not planning to travel to an affected area. To see a listing of travel advisories, please visit the Government of Canada Travel Website.

Provincial Coverage & Travel

Those with a valid provincial health plan card may still have partial coverage for some emergency services while travelling abroad. For more information please visit the Ministry of Health website for the province your coverage is with.

Expenses incurred for injuries and/or illness as a result of the insured’s reckless behavior while on a trip, including international non-compliance with a prescribed treatment or therapy, or intentional misuse of medication or reckless disregard for their own health or safety while engaging in activities or treatment thereof, or accidents relating thereto.